Welcome to Thermal MoEF News
Thermal MoEF News records environment clearances issued for New & Upcoming Thermal Power Generation Projects by Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India .
In this site, you can find
1. Projects considered by MoEF
2. Projects that have been issued the first level of clearance namely, Terms of Reference ( ToR)
3. Projects that have been issued final Environment clearance (EC)
4. Projects that await EC / ToR
5.Projects that have been denied EC & ToR
The information presented here is collected from authoritative sources like Union ministry for environment, state and central pollution control boards.
The information is presented ( in an organized format) on an as – is basis.
The site is for informational purpose only.
What is New?
- Expansion Nasik TPP by Indiabulls Power Ltd.
The proposal was earlier considered in the 19th Meeting held during March 7-8, 2011, wherein the Committee noted that 100% coal linkage for 5x270 MW is not yet in place. It was also noted that the LoA presented indicates a shortage of required coal for [More...]
- 2×270 MW Coal based Thermal Power Plant by DPSC Ltd
The project involves setting up of 2x270 MW Coal Based Thermal Power Plant at village Raibandh, in District Purulia, in West Bengal. Land requirement will be 351 Acres. Coal requirements will be 3.3 MTPA. Area requirement for ash/pond dyke is 70 Acres. Water requirement will [More...]
- 300 MW Power Plant by Satyam (North East) Thermal Power Ltd
The project involves setting up of 2x150 MW (300 MW) Coal Based Thermal Power Plant at village Kharsang, in Kharsang Circle, in District Changlang in Arunachal Pradesh. Land requirement will be 80 Hectares. Coal requirements will be 0.931 MTPA. Area requirement for ash/pond dyke [More...]
- 1260 MW (in 2 Phases) Thermal Power Project by CESC Ltd
The project involves setting up of 1260 MW in two phases viz. 2x300 MW (Phase-I) and 1x660 MW (Phase-II) Coal Based Thermal Power Plant at village Danro, Punsiya, Mahadevsol, Kusubana, Dumka, in District Dumka, in Jharkhand. Land requirement will be 667 Acres (For phase- I). [More...]
- 131.82 MW Gas Based Power Plant by Coromandel Electric Company Ltd
The project involves expansion from 26.19 MW to 131.82 MW by addition of 105.63 MW Gas Based Power Plant at Valantharavai village, in Ramanathapuram Taluk & District in Tamil Nadu. The existing units are 17.46 MW and 8.73 MW respectively. The units were comminnsioned in [More...]
- 21 MW CO-genration project by Vaidyanath Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd
The project involves setting up of 21 MW Bagasse Based Co-Generation Project at village Pangari, in Tehsil Parali, in District Beed in Maharashtra. Land requirement for the plant will be 5.0 Acres, which is within the Sugar factory. Bagasse and Bio-Gas only will be used [More...]
- 2×750 MW Gas based Combined Cycle Power Project by Haryana Power Generation Corporation Ltd
The project involves setting up of 2x750 MW Gas Based Combined Cycle Power Plant at village Mothuka & Arwa, in Ballabhgarh Taluk, in Faridabad Distt., in Haryana. Land requirement will be 140.5 acres, which is waste land. Natural gas requirement will be 7.5 MMSCMD. [More...]
- 2 x 660 MW Coal Based Super Critical TPP by Torrent Power Ltd
The project involves setting up of 2x660 MW Super Critical Coal Based Thermal Power Plant at villages Jamasara, Raison, Baghwamau and Gangau, in Sandila Taluk, in Hardoi Distt., in Uttar Pradesh. Land requirement will be 1331.68 acres. Coal requirements will be 7.8 MTPA. Coal will [More...]